Kids can get bored or fidgety while stuck in traffic or long drives, if he/she starts acting up try this:
- Ask him what song he wants to hear and play his favorite tunes
- Play a car game, like a guessing game of I spy with my eye, and have them guess what color or object you are looking at
- Tell him an interesting story that will grab his attention, maybe a superhero in the city, blah blah blah (kids love excitement and adventure)
- Engage in any conversation like: What would you like for your birthday, Christmas, or what movie to watch when we get home?
- Have some snacks handy to offer, like cheese crackers, lollipops, fruits, etc.
- Basically anything that can grab his attention for a short while till he calms down or you get home. ( I usually go with make-believe characters and pretend play like “I spy with my little eye”. That entertains them longer)
- Have an IPAD or electronic toy for him to read or play games with
Hope one of these tips works for you, good luck!